Outreach used to make me feel guilty. As a pastor, I knew our church should do outreach, but neither the church nor I responded well to the most well-known programs.
I felt caught between what I knew we should do – and finding ideas that worked in our congregation.
Why It Matters?
- What are your church’s attendance trends over the past five years?
- How many new participants came last year because of an invitation by a member?
- How many new people have developed faith in Christ?
The most recent research shows continued declines in the number of people involved in church life and their frequency of attendance. At the same time, many ministers try to implement programs, but many programs seem outdated for the 2020s. Do these facts ring true in your congregation?
What if you could learn…
- How to move past chasing the latest programs to develop a lasting outreach culture that fits your context?
- How to make church-sponsored events for the community “sticky?”
- A cafeteria of proven ideas where you could choose the best practices that fit your church culture?
- The most effective ways to engage people not only in the sanctuary but from the soccer field to the parking lot?
- How do open a digital door to people who worship through your video stream?
If you’ve ever wanted a resource that can teach these things, CHC can help. We aim to help every church make outreach a natural part of their mission and authentic culture.
Ingrained is a specialized consultation offered by the Center for Healthy Churches to help embed an authentic outreach culture into the life of your church.
Each consultation includes:
- A two-day visit from a CHC consultant.
- An evaluation of your current practices and hidden hindrances to welcoming guests.
- A two-hour presentation with church lay leaders to present the opportunity of a new culture. (Usually with a group like Deacons or the Session)
- A two-hour presentation with church staff and key lay leaders about the different types of prospects and community events.
- A two-hour presentation with church staff and key lay leaders about current best practices in welcoming on-site guests, gathering and using information about guests, and utilizing online worship more effectively.
- Each presentation includes time to brainstorm and plan for your congregation.
- A written report of the consultant’s on-site observations
- Five follow-up phone calls or Zoom events to help coach you as you begin your journey.
You can benefit from our learning. CHC has helped hundreds of churches over the past seven years. Ingrained represents the best practices of thriving churches that reach new people.