Join us May 15-18, 2017 as we explore the many facets of creative expression in the Big Apple, New York City, focusing particularly on ways in which the Arts can be integrated into faith communities.
Bring your curiosity (and your walking shoes) for some of the following experiences:
(Specific events and venues may change as plans continue to develop)
- Exploring the biblical history of the arts and the use of individual artistic gifts in a ministry setting in partnership with Marble Collegiate Church
- Worship together through music in jazz vespers.
- Central Park and its prolific works of sculpture and inspiring venues.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art and its vast collections of works in the visual arts
- Attending a performance of The Most Reluctant Convert, C.S. Lewis’ journey from atheism to faith at the Fellowship for The Performing Arts, followed by a Q&A session with the production team.
- Reflections on architecture and design at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, The Cloisters, and Riverside Church
- Designing experiences with an emotional impact at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum
All of the experiences will involve aspects of presentation, observation, and reflection, guided by Learn By Going staff or on-site subject experts.
For more information, go to www.learnbygoing.com
Where do you want to learn?